What is Quitline?
Quitline is a telephone service dedicated to helping Queenslanders quit smoking. The service provides you with tailored support for your quitting journey.
Call 13 78 48 or you can request Quitline call you below. They'll call you from a private number.
You can speak to a Quitline counsellor 7 days a week. If you call outside of business hours, a customer service assistant will record your details and arrange for a counsellor to call you back during service hours.
What the service includes
- Professional advice and assistance.
- Tailored support to suit your specific needs.
- Encouragement and resources to help you quit.
- Creating a confidential record so that the counsellors can continue from your previous conversation each time you make contact.
What Quitline counsellors can do to help
- Work with you to develop a quit plan with personalised strategies.
- Discuss how to manage cravings or withdrawals and any difficulties you may have.
- Chat about products to help you quit, like nicotine replacement therapy and quitting medications.
- Send you relevant quit support material by email, post or SMS.
- Answer your questions about smoking, quitting and everything in between.
You don’t have to discuss a quit plan if you’re not ready.
If you're an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander living in Queensland and smoke or vape, you can join the Yarn to Quit program. This includes quitting support and free nicotine replacement therapy.
Quitline has a dedicated team of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander counsellors, both men and women who available most days and sometimes after hours. If they aren’t available, you can request a call back at a time that suits you or talk to another member of the team who will support you respectfully and positively.
Call Quitline on 13 78 48. The service is available 7 days a week. You can also request a call from Quitline in 2 easy steps:
- click the Request a Quitline call button above
- fill in a few quick questions and Quitline will call you back.
If you're pregnant or planning to fall pregnant, it's an important time to decide to quit smoking or vaping.
Queensland Health’s free program Quit for You… Quit for Baby provides tailored, confidential support for people who smoke with an optional 12-week supply of nicotine replacement patches and gum or lozenges.
If you're living in Queensland, this free program is available:
- if you're pregnant
- if you plan to fall pregnant within the next 6 months
- to your partner
To find out more:
The Smoke-Free Families program is available to parents, carers and guardians of children aged 3 years and under. The free program combines multiple quit support calls with a supply of nicotine replacement patches and gum or lozenges for up to 12 weeks. To find out more:
Quitline attends community and professional events to promote education and awareness of the service.
A dedicated team attends these events to engage practitioners and community members, providing interactive tools, information and resources to support people in quitting smoking.
To invite Quitline to attend your next event, click the button below.